Make my Eyes Smile

 




"Just kiss me in the light of my eyes, make my eyes smile"

     I didn't want to notice him, but I could not help myself. He stood across the room in his black wool coat, a stark contrast against his pale hair and pale eyes. The light separated his irises into a hundred points of light that shone like sapphires. He was with his human and I didn't want to interrupt. I caught his lovely eyes and smiled at him. He smiled back showing his sharp white fangs.
     Later that evening I was using the private staircase in the back after using the restroom. Yes, fun fact, vampires do use the restroom. As I was rushing down the stairs he was coming up the stairs. He touched my hand and we paused. There was electricity between us. I let out a breath as he let go. We didn't speak. He just walked away.
     The music was loud and festive. I danced with myself and I danced with handsome vampires. I even danced with a few humans. I turned and he was standing in front of me ready to dance. He smiled and took my hand and we danced. He spun me around and I grew dizzy. I started to stumble, but he was too fast to let me fall.
     He carried me to the settee. I tried to catch my breath, but his closeness was so exhilarating that I could not seem to do so. "Kiss me," he said. I thought about his pretty human. "It seems you are already taken," I said. He chuckled and looked into my eyes. I was paralyzed with desire. We are not supposed to be able to hypnotize our own kind.
     "Don't you know that I have felt your presence all night?" he said. "Besides," he said, "I decided to part from the human." I felt his presence as well. No matter how many others I danced with, my mind wandered to him. There was a bond between us and I could not deny it.
     I looked into his eyes and kissed him. I didn't wait. I took what I wanted. It was smoldering and I wanted so much more. My lips grazed his neck and I bit. The metallic taste of blood filled my mouth and I groaned. His hunger increased and he nibbled on my neck as well. He drew blood and gently drank. He made my eyes smile and my heart pound. I was a very lucky vampire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

State of Dreaming